Caution: Read on your OWN RISK!

Warning!
The content of this blog may and can be extremely sensitive to some people, If you want to read the blog, I do suggest that you read it on your own risk.


Yes, every tale has more than 1 side of the story...I'm not GOD so I'm not everywhere nor am I all-knowing.

This is just my side of the story based on my understanding!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

MUET reading, writing, listening

OKi, now I'm gonna blog about my Malaysian University English Test(MUET) which was today.
3 papers almost back to back.
The Day started with us assembling in the hall and our MUET teacher-->Ms Wong lectured us or gave us last minute remember-to-do things... I was like "Let's get this done and over with as soon as possible! Come on la teacher, morning morning already give lecture ar?" Feeling so frustrated why time went by so slow. The interval between each paper was 30 minutes.

Then our first paper was 45 objective questions-->Reading component. 26 questions out of 45 questions I was not too sure of and I re-check my paper and spotted a wrong answer...just as I was about to change it, the examiner took my paper away :'(

So worried and frustrated. I wanted everything to end soon. We had 30 minutes interval but in reality only a 20 min rest cause must be in the hall 10 min before the paper starts. People were revising and chatting but I was so restless and stressed. I wanted to run or do some physical exercise, I couldn't stand sitting on the chair so I left my friends and went walking around the block and walked up and down the stairs too...

The next paper came...Writing component! I have always hated report writing and in school we always practiced 2 or 3 stimulus but todays paper was only one stimulus. So I dreaded it all the more and just wrote rubbish.
However, Question 2 was a fun one to do as it was an open essay. "People commit crime for selfish reasons. Discuss. You should write at least 350 words"
I really enjoyed writing this essay that I wrote at least 500 words..LOL
I was kinda lost as no instruction was given by the invigilator...Can I begin? What to write on the "Tahun" and where to write the question number...and things like that, so I just used some common sense and did what I thought was correct...lalala, in my own world.

After the exam, I realised that my answer was not as normal people would answer so I got scared...I just pray and hope that I won't get a closed-minded examiner. Please don't let it be a rural malay examiner. Let me have an open minded examiner. Please, please, please. Worried my time away.

Our last and final paper--> Listening. Part 2 and 3 was tough especially the final 2 questions. It was funny that as we were a bit disturbed by the other class's radio. My class started a bit late because we had to wait for a few candidates who were still eating...LOL-->Not enough break time :P
When our class started late but the other classes went punctually. So, during our minute of writing answer, we could hear a bit on what's going to come next...but sometimes it was hard when their radio clash with ours, where we had to really focus and block out the other classes' radio in order to pay attention to our radio.

After the Listening paper, we were given a "feedback slip" to fill up. I wrote "question 2 is an open question so i hope that the examiners are open minded too. It's good to finish all 3 papers in one day and so I hope we can get back our results earlier"

(Yesterday the invigilators came to school to check the classes and the radio. One of the radio was so soft so I protested. Then the invigilator said, "Bring a speaker la" LOL
I really brought a speaker today, I think Room 3 used my speakers. As the last paper finished, an invigilator called me "Ms Hilda"...I felt strange. My name on the MUET paper was HEW MUN FOONG and I don't recall telling her my name. Maybe she saw my name tag or maybe She did indeed know me...I felt like she looked like someone I know-->Ms Runa Wan from SUFES but I seriously doubt that it's Ms Runa Wan.)


Overall, the paper was okay, the invigilators were nice people but they were not clear and didn't give out instructions, therefore useless invigilators! I seriously think the interval between each paper was too short...Candidates have no time for brunch or break or to eat and etc. But it was indeed a very stressful day for me...the time was a mental torture for me. XP

Thus I end here. I'm aiming for a band 3 or 4. Band 5 is possible but I don't want to aim too high as I know that my English is not so good. Thankfully MUET is finally over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment